1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Refills for ink cartridges?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wendy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Anyone done the refill for printer ink cartridges at Walgreens? Are they worth it?

I was going to try it and forgot to bring them with me!

Thought i would ask on here and see if it is worth it or should I just go to office depot and get new ones [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    I use to refill. Printer companies have figured it out and have computer chip that keeps track of refills. Canon printers have built in so many cartridges and then you have to take them in to be reset--of course the price of a new printer.

I quit and bought laser printers--cheaper per page.

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    oh, okay, i don't make enough copies of things to be worth buying a laser printer [​IMG]

this is just for some items i use in Sunday School and print from my home using software that i have on the computer and things i do online.

4. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    i tryed to but there's only a few they do and mine wasn't one of them [​IMG]. i got a refilled one from walmart that was awlful they gum up

5. Splash_Guard

Splash_Guard Set Free

Dec 3, 2008
    Michigan
    We tried it once - makes a mess. We will not try it again.

6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

I agree - I purchased refill/remanufactured cartridges once and the ink wasnt as good as the original - the colors were just off and it didnt dry the same.

We purchased a Canon MP830 all in one 2 years ago (had a lexmark before that had a single black and single color cartridge) - this new printer has 6 cartridges and is MUCH BETTER and ink is actually cheaper and you use LESS of it with individual cartridges than with one color cartridge that has all the colors in it.

I love my printer - it does it all.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    All I buy is refills. They are much less expensive and in 3 years, I've had no problems.

8. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:Where do you get yours from?

9. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    My printer is 6 or 7 years old and the cartridges are outrageous. Like $40 for the color and a few bucks less for the black. I use walgreens and I am pleased with the black ink. The color ink seems a bit off. I use the black the most often. Can't complain at $10 per versus $35.

10. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Thanks for the info, I am going to try it out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by