Refrigerated egg progressing nicely

Justoldbobo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Jena, Louisiana
When I first built my incubator after I got temps regulated I couldn't wait a few days to get the fresh barnyard mix I planned on hatching, so I pulled four eggs from fridge I had gotten from friend. They had been in my fridge probably 10-12 days. Not sure how old were when givin to me. But after 11 days I see great movement and even kicking in one! The others all look clear. My son was amazed

LMiller

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
Wisconsin
I have some hatching from the fridge right this minute. They weren't in as long as yours, but they were at 37F for mabey 4 days.

Justoldbobo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Jena, Louisiana
I didn't think any of the fridge ones would work I was just wanting to see how my temps would act after outing few eggs in. That one I could even see kick its feet lol. It's got a five day head start on the 16 fresh eggs I put in. It's my first time incubating so I think it's great

lizanne

Songster
7 Years
Jul 3, 2012
Citrus Heights, Ca
I bought 12 fertile eggs at Safeway. They were refrigerated, and at 7 days into incubation 11 of the 12 are growing (one of them got cracked some how). It's really crazy that you can hatch eggs from the grocery store. I wonder what they will look like when they hatch.

The grocery store eggs are the big brown ones

The egg carton they came in.

A.T. Hagan

Don't Panic
12 Years
Aug 13, 2007
North/Central Florida
There is a thread on the board about hatching eggs from Trader Joe's. The brown ones are usually laid by some sort of sex-link. The whites almost certainly by White Leghorns or Leghorn crosses.

Justoldbobo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Jena, Louisiana
There is a thread on the board about hatching eggs from Trader Joe's. The brown ones are usually laid by some sort of sex-link. The whites almost certainly by White Leghorns or Leghorn crosses.

I have been reading that thread. Too bad there aren't any Trader Joes in Louisiana around me.

Top Bottom