Refrigerated egg progressing nicely

Justoldbobo

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Jena, Louisiana
When I first built my incubator after I got temps regulated I couldn't wait a few days to get the fresh barnyard mix I planned on hatching, so I pulled four eggs from fridge I had gotten from friend. They had been in my fridge probably 10-12 days. Not sure how old were when givin to me. But after 11 days I see great movement and even kicking in one! The others all look clear. My son was amazed

I have some hatching from the fridge right this minute. They weren't in as long as yours, but they were at 37F for mabey 4 days.

I didn't think any of the fridge ones would work I was just wanting to see how my temps would act after outing few eggs in. That one I could even see kick its feet lol. It's got a five day head start on the 16 fresh eggs I put in. It's my first time incubating so I think it's great

I bought 12 fertile eggs at Safeway. They were refrigerated, and at 7 days into incubation 11 of the 12 are growing (one of them got cracked some how). It's really crazy that you can hatch eggs from the grocery store. I wonder what they will look like when they hatch.

The grocery store eggs are the big brown ones

The egg carton they came in.

There is a thread on the board about hatching eggs from Trader Joe's. The brown ones are usually laid by some sort of sex-link. The whites almost certainly by White Leghorns or Leghorn crosses.

There is a thread on the board about hatching eggs from Trader Joe's. The brown ones are usually laid by some sort of sex-link. The whites almost certainly by White Leghorns or Leghorn crosses.

I have been reading that thread. Too bad there aren't any Trader Joes in Louisiana around me.

Back
Top Bottom