Refrigerator incubator instructions?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by phoenixbantam, Jun 8, 2009.

1. phoenixbantam

phoenixbantam In the Brooder

May 19, 2009
    West Palm Beach, FL
    I am getting a broken fridge tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find detailed instructions on how to convert it to an incubator? Everything I keep finding on google is for reptiles =/

2. CARS

CARS Songster

If you search on this site you will gather alot of info. Piece together what you like from others ideas. Modify as needed for your situation.

If you want detailed info go to ebay and search for incubator. I saw a sale of refrigerator/freezer instructions for $5.00 to 12.00 depending on the size of the fridge.

3. My friend has directions for one. I sent her an email so I can get them from her.

I will post it once I get it...should not be to long. [​IMG]

4. phoenixbantam

May 19, 2009
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Quote:Thanks so much!

Piecing random bits of information is harder for me because I have never built an incubator at all before so I'm a little overwhelmed right now... lol.

5. Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  6. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Crowing

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Speckledhen posted her fridge a bator instructions and they're quite good. I use two versions of it and I love them. One a mini-fridge, the other a wine-cooler.

I'm always leery of going with untested instructions "from somewhere."

7. phoenixbantam

May 19, 2009
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Quote:Thanks so much! I'm scared! This looks like a lot of work but I think it will be worth it! I might need to have someone help me make it, lol.

8. kamal khan

kamal khan Hatching

May 6, 2016
    Sri Lanka
  9. kamal khan

kamal khan Hatching

May 6, 2016
    Sri Lanka
    pleas ad pics

10. marlene

marlene Songster

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Can you tell me how I will find speckled hen's instructions for her home made bator please.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: