Refusing to move after being diapered?

StuporMan

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
I have two lavender cochin bantams that I keep in the house, and I've been trying to get them used to being diapered but they just refuse to move flopping onto their sides and staring at me while chirping, unless it's jumping in an absolute fit. I've made sure that their diapers aren't restricting their legs and I've seen them get up and walk a bit.
Should I just leave them on for a while to get them used to it?

I've seen the same behavior with a silkie my daughter was trying to train to stay on a leash/harness. Momentary spaz then just flopping over like it was paralyzed and crying piteously! 😂 Try offering a few favorite treats while you have them diapered and see if they don't hop right up for you!

Do they HAVE to be house chickens? Do they get any time outside to scratch in the dirt and do chickeny things?

If I really HAD to have them in the house, I'd just bring them in for an hour a day to pet them and put down newspaper or puppy pads. Then let them be chickens outside the rest of the time.

Daipers don't belong on chickens.

Get them out of the house and into a chicken coop where they belong. Poor things - would you want to have crap plastered to your butt all day? Chickens poop almost every half an hour - so you’re going to be there to change them every 20 minutes? That’s a ton of commitment and money. Trust me - they don’t want to be inside. That’s a terrible life for a chicken.

Do they HAVE to be house chickens? Do they get any time outside to scratch in the dirt and do chickeny things?

If I really HAD to have them in the house, I'd just bring them in for an hour a day to pet them and put down newspaper or puppy pads. Then let them be chickens outside the rest of the time.

Daipers don't belong on chickens.
Duly noted but I don't really see how that answers my question?

Back
Top Bottom