Regarding the Horses in our lives...

Pics
Hey Drake,
So cool...almost like looking at my two.  My Arab is a pinto not a paint but they look a lot alike.  Is your buckskin a mare or gelding?  Sheila

They are both geldings. I'm sorry, I thought paint and pinto were the same thing
263a.png

Hey Drake,
A Paint can be registered as a Pinto but a Pinto cannot be registered as a Paint. Paint is either a Quarter Horse or Registered Paint. PInto is a color not a breed. So your Paint is either a QH or a Paint and my Pinto is actually a 7/8 Arab. Hope that clarified things for you. Cheers, Sheila

Paints can also be Thoroughbred.

Quote:
While the colorful coat pattern is essential to the identity of the breed, American Paint Horses have strict bloodline requirements and a distinctive stock-horse body type. To be eligible for registry, a Paint's sire and dam must be registered with the American Paint Horse Association, the American Quarter Horse Association, or the Jockey Club (Thoroughbreds). To be eligible for the Regular Registry, the horse must also exhibit a minimum amount of white hair over unpigmented skin.

-Kathy

The Paint Horse registry was created for Quarter Horses and Thoroughbreds that had too much white on them to be registered in their respective registries. Paint is now recognized as a separate breed; foals that are born to registered parents that fall short of the minimum requirements for white can be registered as "breeding stock" Paints." Pinto" refers to a horse showing one or more of several spotting patterns (but not Appaloosa spotting patterns - that's a whole different ball game).

drafts also can be appalosa....
gig.gif

Actually there is a breed of Draft in Europe called a Noriker... heavier body conformation.... but thats pretty much the same for most draft breeds in Europe. Heavier bigger wider chest and bone.

Norikers come in many colors and one of them is spotted

US Belgian the following is 21 + hands Color standard is red with flaxen mane

European Belgian Not as tall but heavier built colors are various.

deb

I knew a guy in WV that bred mules using Arabian mares. One mare he had refused to be exposed to his Jack. So after several "dates" and no success, they gave the mare some moonshine to get her in the "mood".

After a pretty good sized cup of moonshine and covering her head with a towel, the "date" proved to be successful......

Well..... maybe not so successful....... When she foaled, she took one look and rejected the poor baby..........

But, they sure did produce some beautiful riding mules at that farm.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom