Reggie The Quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ppurv326, May 10, 2011.

1. ppurv326

ppurv326 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    So found a button quail male that is super quiet according to his rescuers and they are looking for someone to adopt the lil guy from their care. Heres a list of things ive come up with that ill need for the cage and caring for him, aside from building the cage which im already taking care of, and finding him a girlfriend.

Heres the list

Supplys for Reggie’s care
    Food: Chicken/Turkey Layers, Mealworms, Egg shell, seeds, Spinach/veggies, grit
    Calcium Supplement: Cuttlebone/oyster shell/calcium tablet
    Water
    Bedding: Wood Shavings over Sweet PDZ
    Sand Bath

Feeder: Trough or hanging feeder
    Waterer: Hanging Water bottle
    Sand Bath: Raised bowl with sand
    Nest: Separate area with hide hole
    Heat: Lamp/Heating Pad
    Wire: ¼” square mesh

2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I have just recently started with Button Quail but I would say you are on the right path. I have a setup with several that I am trying to figure out which ones are male or female, if I end up figuring that out I would be glad to give you a girlfriend for him lol.

Good luck with the setup, my LOVE LOVE LOVE live mealworms and fresh cut grass. Keep in touch and we will see if I can get your lil lonely guy a girlfriend.

3. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Just make sure no wire for flooring. Gamebird starter or maintenance crumbles for food. Unmedicated.
    Mealworms a plus.

Mix finch seeds to crumbles,add calcium carbonate (oyster shell).

4. ppurv326

ppurv326 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    My pen is gonna have a treated plywood floor with sweet PDZ base covered with Wood shavings for a soft bedding. im so spoiling these birds [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by