registering your flock??

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by 1othechicks, Oct 18, 2008.

1. 1othechicks

1othechicks New Egg

Oct 14, 2008
    This isn't really a local question, but I wasn't really sure where to post it...

Some one told me that you are supposed to register a flock of any size with the Dept of Ag. so that if there is a chicken health care scare they can notify you. I have googled this and can't find anything. Does anyone know about this??

Thanks![​IMG]

2. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I think that you can research is under NAIS and it is not required yet, and there is a political debate about it still. I am not totally certain what it is, so dont quote me! I just know some are for, some are against, it means registering, and some people can just come up and test or something, and tell you what to do??? Check out on BYC??

Tina/tfpets

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
  4. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

Thanks hinkjc, I was pretty sure it was something like that!! I dont know much about it for myself, but I should, I appreciate the link too!
    Tina

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I will NOT register my flock. My house and property are my home. My home will not become a "premise" that will be under government regulation. I refuse to microchip or register my birds, my horses or any other animal. If all this NAIS garbage come to pass, I will have to fill out a government form and pay fees just to ride my horse to the neighbor's house. It is government regulation at it's worst!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by