Regular egg and mini soft egg?

Katejc

Songster
Sep 17, 2019
Shuswap, British Columbia
As far as I know, these 2 were laid at the same time! Prior to this, about 2 days ago she spent half a day in the nesting box with no results and nothing since until now. The small one has no shell. She’s about 22 weeks and she has been laying for 4 weeks now pretty consistently.

F8432C07-09A6-4088-9922-EEE8DA442BDE.jpeg

I still have both. I feed them chicken feed at 15%, oyster shell, sesame seeds & sunflower seeds. Its dead of winter so they are stuck inside so I have been supplementing with greens, blueberries and I gave them a fish carcass the other day (cooked)
I think you are feeding too many treats which is taking away from them getting a balanced diet, which could be causing a problem.

Did you get rid of the lice yet?

I get small eggs occasionally, but they have the shell on. Here's a reply to a question I asked:

"Fairy, fart, wind, rooster eggs are usually from a tiny piece of tissue breaking loose from the reproductive tract, or an immature ova(yolk) and the body forms an egg around it. Color can be darker than 'normal' as the pigment coating released has to cover a much smaller area so is thicker. Can happen with any age layer, but more common with new or older layers."

I don't think your egg is quite the same thing, but it just goes to show that anomalies can happen.

Is her tail up? Is she eating and drinking? If so, she's probably fine.

They have had one treatment of permethrin about 2 weeks ago but have not hd a second. I don’t see any signs anymore of lice. The extra food I am feeding is because this particular chicken has been having some strange symptoms. She had an eye issue and she has some balance issues so I am trying to supplement her to get her vitamin levels up in case thats the problem. She is doing much better but now this. I think i’m going to crack it open and see whats inside!
You really need to treat weekly for lice and or mites for at least 3 weeks/treatments to break the life cycle of the bugs. Please recheck her for lice.

You really need to treat weekly for lice and or mites for at least 3 weeks/treatments to break the life cycle of the bugs. Please recheck her for lice.
Do you think the lice could be part of the issues that I am seeing with her? Its just lice, no mites and only seen on one bird. No signs of them on her ever but I treated them all just in case. The chemical is nasty so I don’t want to overuse it.

Back
Top Bottom