Rehomed my duck

McPickle88

Songster
Oct 29, 2021
Murfreesboro, TN
I had posted on here a week or so ago about my sweet Dorothy quacking all night. I knew she needed a friend or two and we just couldn't give that to her at this time. We decided to rehome and a the nicest family came and got her Saturday. He had a 2 acre pond and several other ducks it was the perfect fit. He sent me photos of her with them and her swimming in pond. It made me so happy.

Well.... He called her yesterday evening and told me she had passed over night. She was floating in the pond but didn't have any injuries! He felt terrible! I hate that in her shot 6 month life it was so tragic, he sibling were killed by a hawk and she was inured, another hawk killed one of her chicken friends and now this. So sad.
It was not the families fault by any means and I made sure to comfort them. RIP sweet Dorothy.

I had posted on here a week or so ago about my sweet Dorothy quacking all night. I knew she needed a friend or two and we just couldn't give that to her at this time. We decided to rehome and a the nicest family came and got her Saturday. He had a 2 acre pond and several other ducks it was the perfect fit. He sent me photos of her with them and her swimming in pond. It made me so happy.

Well.... He called her yesterday evening and told me she had passed over night. She was floating in the pond but didn't have any injuries! He felt terrible! I hate that in her shot 6 month life it was so tragic, he sibling were killed by a hawk and she was inured, another hawk killed one of her chicken friends and now this. So sad.
It was not the families fault by any means and I made sure to comfort them. RIP sweet Dorothy.
I’m so sorry to hear of your losses.

Back
Top Bottom