Rehoming 3 (5 week old) Buff Orpington Roos in Cincinnati

gingerviolinist

Chirping
Jun 5, 2017
Out of 6 chicks, 3 turned out to be cockerels and are receiving an eviction notice since roosters are not allowed in the city. They're about 5 weeks old and are almost completely feathered out with significant red comb and waddle development. Hand raised and very sociable! Located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Please private message me for more details.
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190328111338126.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190324174418139_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190324174733963.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190324175133760_COVER.jpg

Good Luck!

I live in western OH, and we had some unwanted males. We sold ours at a livestock auction (found by googling "livestock auction near me"). We took the birds in cages we made that could be sold with the birds, and left with cash in hand. We sold at a January auction, so it wasnt very busy...all sold and left with average of $7/bird before commission. We crafted cages out of chicken wire+cut down cardboard boxes+zip ties =cheap/quick cages.

My second option was to post on a board at local form store.

Third option was to drive them 2 hours to friend's father's farm...he said he'd let us drop them off.

If those were hens I would take them tomorrow. Sorry no cockerels here. Maybe try posting on Facebook and Or Craigslist. Good Luck!:)

If those were hens I would take them tomorrow. Sorry no cockerels here. Maybe try posting on Facebook and Or Craigslist. Good Luck!:)
Thanks for the suggestions! I've had posts up on several groups on Facebook and a post on Craigslist with no real bites. Would really like to rehome as culling myself isn't something I'm up for. I'm happy to have someone else just take these off my hands at no charge.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've had posts up on several groups on Facebook and a post on Craigslist with no real bites. Would really like to rehome as culling myself isn't something I'm up for. I'm happy to have someone else just take these off my hands at no charge.

You can post here in the free rehoming thread and see if that helps. See link below. Also try your own states thread here on BYC.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing.16182/

Back
Top Bottom