Rehoming roosters

i have 5 week old silkie chicks and three of them are male and two are crowing. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find them good homes? Thanks for any ideas!
I live in portland as well. Since there are rooster laws, I reccommend looking for homes in neighborings counties/towns if possible.
Craigslist is good.

i have 5 week old silkie chicks and three of them are male and two are crowing. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find them good homes? Thanks for any ideas!
I agree with craigslist being a good idea. I use it often to rehome birds. Just be careful with your ad, I recommend not posting your phone number. if somebody just asks “do you still have this” or “do you still have it”without specifying what it is you have, then ignore them. These are phishing scams usually. If people are truly interested when they email you through craigslist then they should provide a phone number you can then contact them. Meet in a neutral place, like a gas station parking lot. Don’t let people have your home address.
When you make your ad post really gorgeous photos of the birds, different angles. If they are very friendly then emphasize this. If they are really good breeding stock, then emphasize this. I recommend not giving them away for free but asking for some nominal amount. Free stuff brings out all the crazies! Good luck in rehoming your boys.😊

I agree with craigslist being a good idea. I use it often to rehome birds. Just be careful with your ad, I recommend not posting your phone number. if somebody just asks “do you still have this” or “do you still have it”without specifying what it is you have, then ignore them. These are phishing scams usually. If people are truly interested when they email you through craigslist then they should provide a phone number you can then contact them. Meet in a neutral place, like a gas station parking lot. Don’t let people have your home address.
When you make your ad post really gorgeous photos of the birds, different angles. If they are very friendly then emphasize this. If they are really good breeding stock, then emphasize this. I recommend not giving them away for free but asking for some nominal amount. Free stuff brings out all the crazies! Good luck in rehoming your boys.😊
So true..

Back
Top Bottom