Reintegrating Pullet Back into Flock

Ritakprkns

Chirping
Feb 18, 2023
We have a 21 week old speckled Sussex who we have been nursing back to health. For the last 2 weeks we have been taking her out to the brooder pen (12 sq ft w/ roost bar). She is now running all over and jumping on the roost and communicating with the other girls. 5 are her same age and the other 4 girls are 9 mos old.
We feel she is ready to get back with the group. I’ve had her out with the other girls and was there to make sure she didn’t get beat up. I am determined to get her back with the girls.
Any suggestions? I’m open to all advice.
Thank you all for the support you bring!

Is it secure (predator and weather) enough to leave her there full time another week? Assuming it is in a look no touch area.

Try it when you can supervise.
The brooder pen is secure. It’s the same pen that we used when we were integrating the baby girls to the big girls. It worked quite well.
We have been having her in it all day and bringing her in at night. It’s been dropping into high 30’s and low 40’s at night. Only thing is she would be alone. We go out to check on her throughout the day. I have also been putting her down in the run with everyone but I stay close to her and keep the girls from getting aggressive with her. I only do that for a few minutes at a time. I just want her to be able to be back with the girls again. 🙏🏽

Back
Top Bottom