Reintroduction phase??

ArthurHomestead

Hatching
Aug 9, 2023
I hate 19 keets and 23 chicks. As they started growing, we realized they needed more room so we had to sperate the flock and create a second brooder around 2 or 3 weeks old. They are now hitting 6 weeks old and are about to be moved from the brooder to the coop and run. Since they are all still young, is there already an established peeking order and will there have to be a reintroduction phase even though they were raised together for a while?? They have been close enough to each other to hear each other, but they have not seen each other in 3 or 4 weeks.

I would expect these birds to be total strangers. If you have not read up on Guiness you should, their feed requirements are very different, and if you let them out, they may not come back.

I would expect these birds to be total strangers. If you have not read up on Guiness you should, their feed requirements are very different, and if you let them out, they may not come back.
I have done loads of research on them. That's why they are being raised with the chicks. They are all going into the coop and run together and will spend at least 1 month in there before I attempt to let them free range. I've done as much research as possible.

Back
Top Bottom