Reject Hatching Eggs - aka "The Undesirable Egg Experiment"

Pics
I had too catch up with this. My phone failed too notify me.

Great hatch:clap.

Turns out I have a couple eggs that have cracks I can't see unless candled. They're on day 3, no patch work done on them, & are developing.

As long as the cracks don't come all the way through, the hair line internal cracks shouldn't affect your hatch! Fingers crossed for you as well! :fl

As long as the cracks don't come all the way through, the hair line internal cracks shouldn't affect your hatch! Fingers crossed for you as well! :fl
Thank you.
The cracked eggs are 1 meat bird egg, & 1 test cross breeding egg.

These chicks are either changing colors or I just can't count! :lau

3-13-20 (3).JPG
3-13-20 (4).JPG

Thanks! I talked to my friend this morning and she reminded me that I gave her a colorful Olive Egger hen so that's likely where that little brown/blue chick came from, lol! I'm quite the ditz sometimes. :lol: She also said the yellow chicks may have EE type patterns instead of splash so it will be fun to see how these babies grow out! I'm going to be giving my broody hen 4 chicks tonight and the other 6 are going to their new home later this afternoon. Now I have to pick which one's I'm keeping! :th
How in the world can you choose who to keep? So hard. I wish I could take some! Thanks so much for your excellent photos and the great information! You are a jewel. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom