1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Relay for Life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CoyoteMagic, Nov 22, 2009.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Does anyone here walk in the Relay for Life?

This is going to be my first. I had planned on doing the Avon 2 day walk, but was still on chemo and just not healthy enough. Now I am done chemo and trying to start making healthier choices in life style, diet, etc..... I haven't survived breast cancer to just keel over from a heart attack 6 months from now!! I start training tomorrow. I haven't joined a team yet. I joined as a survivor, may join the team for my oncologist office, but they aren't up on the board yet.

I've been making little "prayer quilts" to sell for a few dollars. Also working on a Pink Ribbon Rag quilt to raffle off.

Any tips for fund raising or training from ya'll that have done this before?

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Nobody?

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I try to sponsor or organize a team every year.... Last year we raised close to 450$ for the ACS

4. I haven't but our local school is famous for hosting the Relay for Life every year. Small towns can do big.

5. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    I have spent many years as a team captain and served on the committee for various positions. It is very rewarding to participate in!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by