Releasing goslings outside

Lrosell31

Songster
Apr 19, 2018
40371BC9-13CD-4BF9-8A1C-BFE5C29F4561.jpeg
507A3367-A2EB-4349-A023-AB79D6D60A79.jpeg
What is your recommendation on when I can release my goslings outside to the coop. They are four weeks old and have outgrown everything I have put them in the house. I let them outside with my other birds during the day and they are doing fine enjoying outside.

Toulouse geese. They will be secured from predators at night. They are just barely growing there feathers. So I’m not sure if they need more feathers before I let them sleep outside. They are outside all day.

I have Sebastapole and Pilgrim who are 3 weeks old. I am going to put them in a coop and run area for the day starting today. I will let them enjoy the pool and grass for an hour before they go into the coop and run though bc the run is just dirt. Then again they can free range an hour in the evening. They too have outgrown the extra large brooder in my house!

I have Sebastapole and Pilgrim who are 3 weeks old. I am going to put them in a coop and run area for the day starting today. I will let them enjoy the pool and grass for an hour before they go into the coop and run though bc the run is just dirt. Then again they can free range an hour in the evening. They too have outgrown the extra large brooder in my house!
My geese have been released last week they are doing fine. I have all my birds separated in different outdoor playhouses at night so there’s no fighting. Five playhouses and two doghouses all predator proof.

They are so cute! They seem to be plenty big to go outside full time, as I saw where you said they would be secured at night. Geese at average age of three weeks can be allowed full access outside normally, what temps do you have at day and night?

Can I join in with questions? I just brought home three, 2-week old Pilgims. They are in the garage with a brooder light for now. I have the same temps, more or less, as Lrosell31. I have a 4' x 7' mini-coop that I usually use for broody hens, next door to the chickens ready for them in a few weeks. Question: The chickens go out to free range in the daytime into the goat pen. When I move the goslings out, how do i introduce them to the chickens? Both coop doors open into the same space. Sounds like the goslings will prefer to be in the pasture once they are old enough, but should I worry about the chickens being mean to them? And will they go back to their own pen at night, or will they have to be herded or picked up and put back in?
Thanks for letting me ask some questions as well!

Back
Top Bottom