Releasing snake to eat mice

Why? If you don't,they'll get it themselves.:D
I dont think they ever gotten any,except when I broke some eggs by accident and if you count june bug larvae,earthworms,wasps,worms and any other bug as meat :D
Chickens are more likely to pick on and attack each other if they don't have enough room to move around (confined in too small a coop or run all the time) or if they are very bored or if they don't get enough protein in their diet. This will happen whether or not they've eaten meat.
they peck each other sometimes but funny thing is they only peck the smaller ones,my hens peck my 6 month old chickens,and I'm pretty sure my 6 month old would peck my 1 month old if they had the chance to :(

A peck here or there is normal and usually doesn't cause damage. It's how they assert the pecking order. It's when the aggressor doesn't STOP pecking, when blood is drawn that you need to be worried about the pecking.

If you're keeping feed outside, you definitely need metal cans for storage. I don't have a lot of birds, so I keep my chicken feed in the kitchen. It's more convenient for me to access it that way. The opened bags are stored in a Vittles Vault which is air tight but since it's plastic I imagine mice or rats could chew through it if I stored it outside.

Directly around the house, I have bait traps for mice or rats. The coop is not next to the house, so any critters that eat the bait don't get anywhere near the coop before they die.

Lol, as long as you know if they ever get a chance they'll eat anything they can catch be it bug, bird, lizard they seriously don't care.
I don't hesitate to dole out a left over sausage now seeing the things iv'e seen.:)
I dont think they ever gotten any,except when I broke some eggs by accident and if you count june bug larvae,earthworms,wasps,worms and any other bug as meat :D
they peck each other sometimes but funny thing is they only peck the smaller ones,my hens peck my 6 month old chickens,and I'm pretty sure my 6 month old would peck my 1 month old if they had the chance to :(

am I the only that thinks feeding meat to chickens is bad??
As long as it's not after midnight it's OK. If any later this happens.
20190902_092900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom