Relief!

barred-rocks-rock

Can't stick with a Title
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Just dropped my seven birds off at the fair! So releived. No taking care of my rocks for a week! I am entering 4 barred rocks as layers, two barred rocks in their breed cattegory going against each other, and one australorp. hope i win!

Really? You just drop them off and don't take care of them?
I would be standing by those cages telling people to keep their fingers out all day!
Did you hear about Fatties hen getting stolen at the fair?

Um, that does not sound right at all.

You should stay by your birds and protect them. They cannot tell people to keep their fingers out, and the feed that the supervisors feed them may not be best for them. Then there's the usual rule that owners are responsible for feeding and watering their own birds.

They have locks on all of the cages, and feeding and wattering are provided. They also have a security guard outside of the barn.
Oh, rodriguez poultry, i havent been on the site in a week or two . did you get ur horse back? i feel dumb for asking

Last edited:
Oh and you guys are right about the finger thing. i had to post up signs on the cages.
read my signature ( the bottom )

Quote:
At the fair here, all of the birds get the same feed and are fed by an attendant. There isn't a choice. I think it's so that the security people don't have to worry about knowing everybody. They just know that only the attendant is allowed to open the cages. It helps the security people guard against theft or having birds let out by some random passerby. Unfortunately, it did look like they were just being fed scratch grain.

See, that's just odd for me. I don't want anyone handling my birds that aren't the judges. That's probably why I'm picky and stand near my birds all day. I don't allow anyone to feed grass to my birds, scratch...nothing. I had one kid come by with vitamin water and put it in my birds cage. I went back around my birds and dumped all the water. I'm sure he meant it as being nice and helpful, but you just can't take that chance sometimes.

barred-rocks-rock....no I haven't gotten him back yet. Actually, I'm not having issues with the DA. They say that they filed the charges and that he has a court date. Wanna hear when it is? April 9, 2010.

Quote:
The fair is also a whole week long.. kinda hard to stand there and protect them for a week
tongue.png

Barred Rocks rocks, make sure you baby them when they get home (after quaranteening them from the rest of your flock for at least a week) Vitamins and some scrambled eggs will make them feel much better. The fair is a very stressful place for chickens.

Good Luck and I hope you win!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom