relocated a coyote

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by jimmythechicken, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    our chicks are still young 4-8 weeks old so they have been keeped penned in with netting over top.it also gives me a chance to preditor proof my woods:D so they hayed our field today right next to our coop.as soon as they are done have not even finched wrapping the hayan i go out back to see the farmer who hays it an i see a huge male coyote in the field looking for dinner.so i ran back in grab my 308 an feed him some lead.he is now in coyote heaven were he can eat all the chicken he wants.we also had a baby deer we had to chase out of the field so she did not get run over.we got to see her reunite with her mom about an hour later when the field was clear.very cute

2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh geez, I was all set to come here all [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] about you relocating a coyote....my apologies. You located him the best way possible.

3. 21chicks

21chicks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2009
    Harwood
    one less coyote, thanks

4. americancowboy

americancowboy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    georgia
    relocated to heaven haha

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah........the 'ol dirtnap is the way to go with coyotes.

6. chickzrule

chickzrule Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    B.C., Canada
    I heard that if you leave the carcass there it will deter any other coyotes from coming around. Supposedly they don't like to see/smell one of their own dead!!

7. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

we skinned the body of a coyote and left the skin connected to the head, and hung it on the fence post, with the head on top. that was me and my dad shotting when i was little. i have since decided to only shoot for meat, or if my animals are being attacked.

8. Quote:Any time i "relocate" a coyote, I notice that the carcus is relocated the next day. I am guessing that it is the pack eating their own.

BTW, a .308 ?, dang, you really wanted to give this one a BIG send off !!

I found a 6.5x55 1916 Mauser in a Pawn shop, paid 225 bucks for it, threw the beat up wood stock to a buddy, bought a synthetic stock for 90 bucks and threw a decent scope on it.

It makes a GREAT coyote rifle. Dang accurate and an easy shooter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am believing the swedes really did have their weaponalogy to perfection. This caliber has been around for well over a century.

9. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Quote:[​IMG] Me too!

Good job! [​IMG]

10. andrea98

andrea98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    in my barnyard....ohio
    Quote:[​IMG] Me too!

Good job! [​IMG]

lol me 3 !!!! i was sure i was gonna come in here to a lot of yelling & omg are you nuts!!!! lol sure gave me a gasp [​IMG]
    & i was thinking how in the world did you do that with out getting tore up !!!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by