Relocating troubles

PaulaLucas

Chirping
Sep 6, 2018
A month or so ago my husband built a new coop in the backyard. We moved the new flock into it. We moved the old coop beside it from the other side of the house, home of my four older chicks. My dilemma that now the older ones won't go to the coop at bedtime. They wait on the front porch and we have to carry them. Is there a way to retrain them? Anybody? LOL

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we have done them all to no avail. They still insist on climbing on the porch. One of them started out going home but even she has stopped. The younger ones continue to go to bed but the four older ones don't.

when you see them headed toward the porch, chase them off the porch, a squirt gun, a water hose. Just enough that the porch is no longer a "good" place, they will try it a couple of times, but do not let them roost. And if necessary, herd them towards the coop if they don't head that way them selves.

When I want mine to change a house, one has to lock up the original, you can't really lock up the porch, but chase them off for a few nights, and they will figure it out.

I am going to try something and if it doesn't work I will send pics. I have had them locked up for days because of red tail taking birds. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom