Remedy Recovery Pet Wormer for chickens?

suzkra12

Hatching
Mar 18, 2022
Hey there! I need to deworm my chickens soon and I’m having trouble finding a wormer that is safe and easily accessible with not a ton of hassle for the dosage.
I read that piperazine is an FDA approved chicken dewormer but Wazine is discontinued. I have some remedy recovery pet wormer which is piperazine. I’m well aware of the other options I just wanted to know if anyone had success with this.

Thanks!

Piperazine was used to get rid of roundworms in chickens. The product listed is for dogs and cats, and I cannot help with a dosage for chickens. For about the same price you can get SafeGuard or Panacur horse paste 10% fenbendazole, or Safeguard Liquid Wormer 10% for more money, and worm your chickens against roundworms, cecal, gape, and capillary worms. Dosage is 0.25 ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days.

Mixing wormers in water is guesswork. You dont know if a bird will drink enough of the treated water to be effective, or drink it at all. Sick birds wont drink. Birds drink less water in cool/cold temps.
It's best to worm each bird orally using a syringe without a needle. No more guesswork and you know they got properly wormed.

Back
Top Bottom