Remember the point, remember the point.....

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
I am feeling really stressed this holiday season. We have had major groups of people through the house after the "soot" event. (I hate people in my space) and there have been school issues, and my hormones are out of whack, and today the insurance company called and said I had to have my color choices right now. And the painters want to come MONDAY and we STILL have stink bug problems and DH hasn't gotten a call back to work and and and
barnie.gif

But, one year things were reeeeaaaaally bad. We had no money at all and no real place to live and we were all jammed up in some one else's apartment. I couldn't manage a real tree so I begged a big piece of drawing paper from the girl's school and drew a full size tree. The kids and I spent several days coloring it in. And then we made a couple of dozen paper and macaroni and glitter "ornaments". It was the best we could do. I was heartbroken, but also proud of myself. The girsl loved their Christmas. They loved their tree.

Every year since, no matter what, they insist that that tree get hung up. Last year we couldn't find it.
hit.gif

I was feeling very sad about how things were right now when DH came up out of the basement and showed me - he found the tree.
The ratty, yellowing, paper tree from that very rough year.
love.gif
Suddenly, it was all better.
love.gif

So many people have it so much worse than we do. I am done feeling sorry for myself and letting this stupid stuff stress me out. I hope you find your little bit of hope and happiness this season - in whatever form it comes.

I missed the soot problem...what soot problem? And you get to pick out colors? I think that sounds kinda fun... what are you painting?

and yay!
ya.gif
you found your paper tree!!! Now go make a paper chicken to go with it.
big_smile.png
yippiechickie.gif

Hey, maple, yeah, our house had a heater problem and the entire house was filled with heavy smoke - which sooted @##$$# everything!!!! The walls of the entire house are now a light grey - soot grey with weird lines where it settles more on plastering tape....... So the entire house gets to get painted - all at once. Very hard to do when you're living in it!

And very short notice - the insurance company asked me if it was OK if they waited until after the holidays to do the painting and I said sure. I was happy just to know it was going to get fixed and we could do a normal holiday. By after the holidays she meant they were going to start on MONDAY...

Getting to choose new colors for every room in the house sounds like fun until you try to actually do it. I have six different test spots on the living room walls!!

Here I am counting my blessings that I have goof insurance - the dog lived and we are ok this christmas ----- and we found the paper tree!

Back
Top Bottom