Remember the "Who's clipping tail feathers." posts?

MakNat

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Ky
Confirmed!! Those dirty rotten little mice. I tore my coop apart today for the spring hose out sanitizing... It was so gross and filthy. I found mouse nests that had hay and a butt load of chopped up feathers.. Ok, I was trying to be humane, but screw it. I'm going to start using glue traps from now on. Everything else is a hassle and they wise up to them. Well, its crack down time! I'm sick of them!!~!

Glue traps are really cruel. You will find traps with live mice stuck to it. I rather kill them on the spot. Here is how I do it at my house and we have tons of mice, due to the meadow next to it. It more a problem in fall when they are getting into our crawl space. Our cat usually leaves two per day next to the door, and we wonder how many more she slaughters. I do not use poison, due to the animal I have. I buy Victor traps in larger quantities. http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/m154
Do not get the new ones with the scented plastic part. They trip really fast and I don't catch that many mice with them at all. So back to the old trick I use. I glue sunflower seeds onto the metal tripper with white glue. That really attracts them to the trap. Plus they try to pull off the seed and activate the trap. Gets them every time. I've put up once 20 traps in the garage of a used house we bought. Had no clue that the house had a real mouse problem. We've heard traps going off left the right and caught 40 mice that night! We no longer live there, we have moved to a larger country property. I find sunflower seeds work way better then peanut butter or even cheese. Anyway, give it a try. Good luck with your mouse problem.

I like glue traps, disposable and less hassle than rebaiting the victor traps.

Plus, I have no emotional or moral misgivings about using glue traps. Diseased rodents than need to be disposed of.

I find that glue traps is the only thing that catches them. I don't throw them away, several will get caught in them. I've tried classic traps, live traps and poison, with no results.

Back
Top Bottom