removal of leg bands

FromTheCity

Chirping
Apr 24, 2015
Hello! Just received some ducklings from Metzer and they were in great health. No problems! On the legs, there were tape id tags designating the sex of the birds. Does anyone know if these will eventually come off or do I remove them myself?

In parrots, it identifies the parrot as one hatched in captivity and not smuggled from the wild. Most of the time it doesn't.

On Metzer's website, it says that they should be easy to remove. It also says one of the reasons they use the tape is because it will come off on its own within 14 days if not removed by the owner: http://www.metzerfarms.com/SexingBirds.cfm?CustID=4669051
thumbsup.gif
goodpost.gif

Our duckling had the tape and a plastic ring thing :/ we soaked the ducklings leg for a minute and as my daughter held her I carefully took off the tape, not at all like you would with a bandaid haha. The ring was harder it kind of coiled again while.my daughter held her and she was calm leg was steady I used toenail clippers and cut each side and it fell.off

Glad to hear all the advise! They are so little and I didn't want to hurt them in anyway shape or form! I have their house already done and waiting with another duck already in the house. Can't wait for them to move outside and play in the pool!

Back
Top Bottom