Remove Chickens Temporarily to Deter Lizard?

What about those roll-away nest boxes where the egg is laid on an incline and then it rolls into a protected area? If they can make 'em so a naughty hen can't get to them then I bet they would keep a lizard out and you could still have an open coop system!

What about those roll-away nest boxes where the egg is laid on an incline and then it rolls into a protected area? If they can make 'em so a naughty hen can't get to them then I bet they would keep a lizard out and you could still have an open coop system!
We have those (they kinda work) but a couple of my hens are stubborn and lay on the floor!

Pictures of lizards 🦎 pleeeeease!
I mean iguanas okay…but then chickens need to Lear to fight for their right to egg!
To me they look like a goanna from Australia. They get fairly large 4-5 feet with very sharp claws for climbing trees or possibly me but only if I corner them!!!!
That's why I don't like harming them - they only take the eggs and if we get chicks I lock them up at night for a few weeks unless their Mama is broody around the house. The lizards don't come that close.
View attachment 3269551
1663964490154.png

Are they monitor lizards?
I don't think so. I'm in Paraguay and they tell me the name in Guarani which is a verbal language with guesstimates for spelling. They look so much like the Australian goannas I saw on the east coast that were fine to be around but not handle.

Back
Top Bottom