Removing Blu-Kote from clothing

rojororeo

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2013
Okay, wasn't sure where to put this, but hey- it is technically medical related! lol
So we've been having to spray Blu-Kote on our Polish Crested rooster's head to help hide his pin feathers as the grow back in (they got taken out by the older rooster at the house he came from, which is why we have him now). It seems to be working... but I got some dripped on my shirt the other day... I love that shirt... Anyone have any ideas how to remove it?! I stain removered it and washed it... nada... I am obviously careful to only wear crummy shirts in there now! lol
I did a Google search and got bupkis..
Thanks!

It does tend to fade with each washing. Bleach would probably remove it except I'll bet it's not white, LOL. Blue Kote does come off your hands in exactly 2 days of handwashing.

Yep.. I can't bleach it, as it is a light blue shirt.. too bad it wasn't the same shade! lol I def. would have stopped myself from going into the coop in a white shirt! lol
Just don't get it in your nail beds or under them! It takes at least a week there! Or maybe I just keep getting it back lol... I focus so hard on not getting the rooster's eyes (don't wanna blind him!) and not getting my DH or the other birds that I forget about myself! Good thing this shirt is just a $3 Wallyworld special!
Guess I will stick my shirt in the laundry with every load, worn or not... I wonder if just a long soak, with water changes would do it as well?

Dang it! Make that 3 shirts now!
The darn can of Blu-Kote drips ever so slightly when I start spraying. That is all I can figure... And doing it in the semi dark of the coop just isn't working evidently lol

No matter how you try Blu-Kote gets EVERYWHERE! Never wear anything you care about, and rubber gloves when you use it!!!

Yep! The hands I could care less about...
but I do need to keep a junk shirt in the pen maybe, so I can remember to cover up! Ugh! I have sprayed horses tons with it, never had an issue... a few times on the rooster and I get me every time! lol

I use the one with the dauber in the bottle. Its much messier on your hands but I think I have more control over where it goes. Sometimes my shoes get it but my clothes havent been to beaten on yet.

I have seen someone mention it in dauber form... but haven't seen it. And this can was bought for the horses first... they won't always let you daub... it might be more of a spray and watch out for the foot, lol.
*But* I did see some feathers sticking out of his head when I just checked!! So I guess we only gotta keep spraying everyday for a while longer... better go get a junky tshirt...

I got Blu-Kote on a brand new orange top!!! I rinsed with water, tried fingernail polish remover, lemon...so I ordered a new top. I then figured what do I have to lose and sprayed Simple Green on it and let it sit overnight. This morning it was almost completely gone so I am giving it another spray and will hope it disappears so I can cancel my order for a new shirt!

I got Blu-Kote on a brand new orange top!!! I rinsed with water, tried fingernail polish remover, lemon...so I ordered a new top. I then figured what do I have to lose and sprayed Simple Green on it and let it sit overnight. This morning it was almost completely gone so I am giving it another spray and will hope it disappears so I can cancel my order for a new shirt!
Welcome to BYC, and good to know about the Simple Green removing BluKote.

Back
Top Bottom