Removing Blu-Kote

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CKMom, Jul 12, 2010.

1. CKMom

CKMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    cooped up
    How do you remove this from skin? I finally got around to spraying it on my rooster who is trying to grow back his tail feathers. Now three fingers are covered, and I have places to go....

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

This has been posted before. I do not think you can remove it. It should wear off in a few days.

Imp- Last week I got "Great Stuff" foam on my hands. Had to spend the week looking like I had a skin disease. It's still on the nails.

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    A little bleach and water mixture will take it off of anything

4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I've gotten it on me. Just scrub with soap and water and it will come off........ most of it. It will fade away by the next day. Even my chicken can get it off her shoulders within a couple of days. Go figure that one out.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Try gasoline... or Go-Jo.

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Please PLEASE do not use gasoline, bleach or any strong chemicals on the skin of a bird!!!

7. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Quote:It's not the chicken they are trying to get it off of. They got it on three of their fingers and they don't want to go to appt/visiting/whatever with three Blu-Koted fingers. [​IMG]

8. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, well, don't put that stuff on your skin either!!! [​IMG]

9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I have used Blu-Kote many times and no matter how hard you try not to get it on your hands it always winds up on them (somehow even through rubber gloves!!) Anyway, pretty much have to wait for it to wear off. [​IMG]

10. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I had all but given up trying to get it off my hands until later that day when I was cleaning my bathroon I noticed the Kaboom bathroom cleaner I was using was actually taking the blu-kote off my hands...since then that is what I have used whenever I get it on myself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by