Removing poop stains?

classicsredone

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 6, 2011
Crunchy California
I somehow got chicken poop on the back of my pants, and without realizing it was there, I sat on our nice (and expensive) quilt. We rinsed it out right away and my husband used stain remover. (I think Spray N Wash.) It left two round, yellow stains where the poop was that look like urine stains. DH tried washing and treating again, but it hasn't helped.

Any ideas on how to remove set in poop/urine stains from a cotton quilt? Thank you!

Soak for at least a day in Oxyclean and very hot water.
wink.png

moisten the spot and put some baking soda on it, rub gently. Let sit, wipe off. Worked for me when I cut my leg shaving and unknowingly got blood on the white sofa...

No more pooping your pants!
tongue.png

Just don't put it in the dryer before the stain is out
hide.gif
.... How many shirts have I dried the stains into?
th.gif

Quote:
Putting them in the dryer before the stain is removed is not good. The Oxyclean will still work if you soak long enough though. I learned this after my cat got very angry with me and took it out on clothes my daughter had left on the floor.
roll.png
My girls washed and dried the clothes to keep the cat from getting in trouble. I ended up soaking those for 3 days.

Hehe!

Well... my worst off shirt.... is actually a fairly new one... only a couple months old... it was pink with glittery Paso Finos all over it.... of course it is my favorite barn shirt!
It's been slimed in green horse goo... horse shampoo after it's washed the horse... and fresh dirt from straight off said horsie.

I washed it so much so I could wear it again the day after, that it's not really pink anymore... but the sparkly paso finos have survived!
But the whole thing is pitterpattered with large dark marks of unknow origin, that just aren't coming off
sad.png

Oh well... still wearing it to the barn!
big_smile.png

Since your talking stains, I have to throw in my secret for whites. Asprin! They will also get out most stains.

Ever since I found out how much it helps I keep a cheap Dollar Tree bottle near my washer. Not stained and just a tiny bit dingy and 1 should help whiten.

I usually have to throw 3 in when I do my 15 year old son's whites, like socks. He won't wear slippers and the shoes come off when he hits his bedroom. After that he walks all over in them. He tought he had new socks once, because they were so clean. Now he just looks at me and says "asprin again?"

My 5 year old grand daughter walked out in back in her socks and right into a nice fresh pile of chicken poop. After the screams of disgust, her's not mine, I laughed, I sprayed them good and then rubbed in salt and white vinegar. Washed them and then wash one more time with the asprin. No more poop stains.

The salt and vinegar I use for really bad stains and usually add baking soda. I once washed my husband's jeans with my beautiful new red sweater. He ended up with pink jeans. I mean really pink. We were leaving town for 10 days and he had to run out and buy more. When we got back he said I should just throw them all out. Five pairs of new or newish jeans? I never throw them out. Jeans can be recycled, but since he thought I couldn't get them back I had to prove a point. Took doing it over and over about 4 times, but I'd pour vinegar on them, dump on some salt and baking powder and rub them together like crazy. Every time I washed them, more of the pink was gone. The 4th wash he was shocked. Jeans looked great. My husband worked in the OR, rode Harleys, Vietnam Vet (Spec Ops), so not the kind of guy that would wear anything that had even a touch of pink on it. He was so happy to see those jeans and I got bragged about, flowers and taken on a ride out of town for some fun and relaxation with the money that would have bought those new jeans.

I do use Oxyclean. It works OK, but not as good as any of the above.

Back
Top Bottom