Renting a home w/BYC?

MsMoose

Hatching
8 Years
May 17, 2011
I'm curious if anyone has/had/seen success with renting a home with a landlord that allows you to have a garden and a small coop?

My husband and I will be moving to Kansas in October (Fort Riley/Manhattan/Junction City area), and I know our chances are slim that we'll find someone to agree to it...but I'm still hoping to be able to have a small veggie/herb garden and a small coop in our backyard.

So give me the low-down...do I need to start facing the music or do I have hope?

well that depends... I rent and I have chickens and a garden BUT in outside of town lines. so its all legal...

if you can find a rental that is in a more rural setting i think you would have more luck

Thanks! I was able to find a city ordinance for Manhattan, KS that allows poultry in the back yard as long as they're 25 feet from buildings and not a disturbance to neighbors. I couldn't find anything for the other town in the area (Junction City or Ogden), so either they don't have a specific one or they fall under the same rule as Manhattan (I hope)!

We'll have one week to find a home once we arrive in the area in a few months. Hoping to find a landlord that is BYC-friendly!

Back
Top Bottom