Renting a Wizbang Plucker

tonini3059

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv
11 Years
Nov 6, 2008
Southwestern PA
I was planning on making a plucker over the winter since I will have more free time. I seen it mentioned that someone rented their plucker when they were not using it to help pay for the cost. Anyway what are the opinions on what a fair price would be? I was thinking a $50 deposit, to be refunded upon safe return, $30 for one day, $50 for a weekend and maybe a $20 non refundable holding fee in case someone wants it for a day and then backs out at the last minute.
I looked and didn't see it mentioned and I didn't want to hijack another post so I figured I would make my own.

Last edited:
I rent mine for $ 40.00 a weekend. Most people use it one day and return the next. I don't ask for a deposit just a copy of thier Drivers License.
I have rented mine about 20 times this year.
Good Luck.

4969_whizbang.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, that is a start I think I will give $50 a weekend a try and see if the market can bear it. My reason for the deposit is incase some damage happens to the plucker while in someone else has it, however unlikely. I would hate to have a broken plucker on my hand and not get any money for it.

I like that cleaning/damage deposit idea, I never thought of it coming back dirty. It seems as though $50 a weekend sound pretty fair. I know I would pay $30 a day for it and if I had enough birds to take up two days I would definitely pay $50 for the weekend. Thanks for the ideas.

We have a Featherman plucker and do 50 dollars a weekend with a 50 dollar deposit and a contract stating that it must be returned cleaned as they received it. We also have it for use on our butcher dates for 5 dollars a bird, they get to do all the work along side us while we clean ours...they have to bring their own tools but can dispose of pieces along with us. This is for those that only have a bird or two to do.

If you;re going to rent it out, be sure to build it with a sealed motor. I opted for the Harbor Freight $75 special, and it works great. I just have to be careful not to get water on it, as I know it will probably die the instant it gets wet. People beat the crap out of stuff they rent, so you don;t want to have to worry about that.

You may want to draft up some type of liability waiver in case someone gets injured using it. I know mine is not exactly OSHA approved. There are allot of stupid people out there and you want to protect yourself. Get a copy of a rental agreement form one of your local rental companies. Plagiarize their terms and conditions and make up a contract.

Back
Top Bottom