Renting a Wizbang Plucker

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by tonini3059, Nov 19, 2009.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I was planning on making a plucker over the winter since I will have more free time. I seen it mentioned that someone rented their plucker when they were not using it to help pay for the cost. Anyway what are the opinions on what a fair price would be? I was thinking a $50 deposit, to be refunded upon safe return, $30 for one day, $50 for a weekend and maybe a $20 non refundable holding fee in case someone wants it for a day and then backs out at the last minute.
    I looked and didn't see it mentioned and I didn't want to hijack another post so I figured I would make my own.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. Motel Chix

Motel Chix Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Central Indiana
    I rent mine for $ 40.00 a weekend. Most people use it one day and return the next. I don't ask for a deposit just a copy of thier Drivers License.
    I have rented mine about 20 times this year.
    Good Luck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  3. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Thanks, that is a start I think I will give $50 a weekend a try and see if the market can bear it. My reason for the deposit is incase some damage happens to the plucker while in someone else has it, however unlikely. I would hate to have a broken plucker on my hand and not get any money for it.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I get a whiz bang pucker anytime my son drives!!! LOL [​IMG]

5. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I just saw a Craigslist ad for my area where somebody was offering one for rent for $30 a day, with a $70 cleaning/damage deposit.

6. tonini3059

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I like that cleaning/damage deposit idea, I never thought of it coming back dirty. It seems as though $50 a weekend sound pretty fair. I know I would pay $30 a day for it and if I had enough birds to take up two days I would definitely pay $50 for the weekend. Thanks for the ideas.

7. happyfeetfarm

happyfeetfarm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2009
    We have a Featherman plucker and do 50 dollars a weekend with a 50 dollar deposit and a contract stating that it must be returned cleaned as they received it. We also have it for use on our butcher dates for 5 dollars a bird, they get to do all the work along side us while we clean ours...they have to bring their own tools but can dispose of pieces along with us. This is for those that only have a bird or two to do.

8. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

If you;re going to rent it out, be sure to build it with a sealed motor. I opted for the Harbor Freight $75 special, and it works great. I just have to be careful not to get water on it, as I know it will probably die the instant it gets wet. People beat the crap out of stuff they rent, so you don;t want to have to worry about that.

9. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Quote:Well.....I got my belly laugh for the day!!

10. Burbs

Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    South East Idaho
    You may want to draft up some type of liability waiver in case someone gets injured using it. I know mine is not exactly OSHA approved. There are allot of stupid people out there and you want to protect yourself. Get a copy of a rental agreement form one of your local rental companies. Plagiarize their terms and conditions and make up a contract.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by