Repeat tape worm

SBaltz

Chirping
May 2, 2020
Dixon, California
I recently finished a tape worm regiment for one of my girls in the beginning of July and there is evidence that she or someone else has tape worm (still or a new infestation). Since we don’t know who it is, we are going to treat everyone, but is it safe to treat my recently treated one so soon? Should I use the same meds on her or a different one? I used equimax for her. I want to avoid a resistance in the worm if it is her, but I also want the worms gone.
thanks!

Go ahead and use the Equimax again. Keep in mind that insects are the host for tapeworms. Perhaps you can find a way to control the insect population, besides chickens.

Go ahead and use the Equimax again. Keep in mind that insects are the host for tapeworms. Perhaps you can find a way to control the insect population, besides chickens.
Thanks! They are on pellet (18%protein feather fixer) and free range during the main day. We have a fenced backyard (good sized but still fenced) with groundcloth (and bark) covering every planter. I am surprised that they seem to find bugs as much as they do. Will look to see what we can do beyond keeping them in their run.

Back
Top Bottom