Reproductive illness

Tentative Plan

Tonight 1) Hope to hell that she does ok overnight

Tomorrow 2) Research appropriate oxytetracycline dose using the Plumb’s manual. 3) Buy oxytetracycline 4) learn how to inject Daphne if needed 5) Treat Daphne 6) Hope for the best...

If you are going to buy an antibiotic I suggest you buy enrofloxacin, not oxytetracyline. I say this because if she has a bacterial infection the bacteria is probably E. coli and most E. coli strains are resistant to oxytetracyline.

Thank you. I’ll buy it if I can find it! I’m somehow doubting that I could break Baytril tablets into an appropriate oral dose...

Ok, so crossing fingers that she can hold on until I can get her Baytril. The veterinarian I took her to during her first bout did not think that she had an infection at the time, and that she was possibly just having a hard time with the transition between seasons (switching over to non-laying for the winter). Because of this, I’ve been too trusting that everything was going to be ok... After all, she’s mostly acted normally, despite laying funky eggs. She’s been hyper and chatty and piggy and great... until last night.

I really hope that Daphne can hang in there. I get that I won’t be able to eat her eggs after treatment, but I don’t care as long as she is ok!!!!!

Thank you all very very much for your support and advice!

Back
Top Bottom