Reptile Club! <3

Pics
Yeah, I was thinking that. I've heard of people doing that for adults but not sure about babies..
I do not recommend breeding mice. they stink and the an=mount of ammonia and other stuff the kick up into the air is hazardous to human health. If you had a really big collection of reptiles that required a lot of rodents to feed I would say it might be worth it but for just a couple I would let someone else have the mess and hassle. For my whole collection it costs me about $20 a week to feed live. I could cut that in half by using frozen or by feeding less often and they would be just as healthy. Not worth breeding rodents in my opinion.

I do not recommend breeding mice. they stink and the an=mount of ammonia and other stuff the kick up into the air is hazardous to human health. If you had a really big collection of reptiles that required a lot of rodents to feed I would say it might be worth it but for just a couple I would let someone else have the mess and hassle. For my whole collection it costs me about $20 a week to feed live. I could cut that in half by using frozen or by feeding less often and they would be just as healthy. Not worth breeding rodents in my opinion.
BTW, you can also feed many snakes day old chicks (older for bigger snakes) but this may not be the right forum to mention it

Sooo I could feed quail chicks (that’s the most I have available & they lay year round)?
you could indeed. I used to get a lot of chicks and ducklings right after Easter (this was before I raising bird and my reptile collection was much bigger) people would buy them for their kids for Easter because they were cute and then not want to raise them, so I would get them for free and the snakes would feast. quail chicks, being much smaller would work well for smaller snakes including hatchlings.

you could indeed. I used to get a lot of chicks and ducklings right after Easter (this was before I raising bird and my reptile collection was much bigger) people would buy them for their kids for Easter because they were cute and then not want to raise them, so I would get them for free and the snakes would feast. quail chicks, being much smaller would work well for smaller snakes including hatchlings.
Great, thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom