Reptile Club! <3

Pics
Taking him to get sex checked today :)
Previous owner wasn't 100% sure.
20201209_113831.jpg

Haha yea it certainly is a cooool snake.
I love him already!
I know that corn snakes are thought of as being kind of ordinary, but I love them!
How easy are they to breed?
Very easy to breed, there are really no special requirements. they were one of the first snakes I ever bred and I really didn't even try. I had two of them in the same tank and one day eggs showed up. The first was a wild caught Oketee that I had because someone tried to kill her with a weed wacker. By the time I got her healthy, my wife decided to get me a mate for her. She went to an "expert" who probed the snake and told her it was male and then sold her a female. When the eggs started showing up I went to take the male out and "he" was laying an egg! so I had one of each just that the "expert" had it backwards. After that I learned how to probe them myself. Breeding get more complex if you tray to make different morphs. Your is amelanistic (no black pigment, red eyes) . Interesting fact Amel corns are one of the first widely available morph in the hobby dating back to the late 1960s. anyway, when you get ready to get another snake for breeding or you want to move forward I will be around to talk it out. I can go on forever about corns snakes if I am not careful

Very easy to breed, there are really no special requirements. they were one of the first snakes I ever bred and I really didn't even try. I had two of them in the same tank and one day eggs showed up. The first was a wild caught Oketee that I had because someone tried to kill her with a weed wacker. By the time I got her healthy, my wife decided to get me a mate for her. She went to an "expert" who probed the snake and told her it was male and then sold her a female. When the eggs started showing up I went to take the male out and "he" was laying an egg! so I had one of each just that the "expert" had it backwards. After that I learned how to probe them myself. Breeding get more complex if you tray to make different morphs. Your is amelanistic (no black pigment, red eyes) . Interesting fact Amel corns are one of the first widely available morph in the hobby dating back to the late 1960s. anyway, when you get ready to get another snake for breeding or you want to move forward I will be around to talk it out. I can go on forever about corns snakes if I am not careful
That's very interesting and helpful.
Thanks a lot!
Was enough trouble trying to get my parents to let me have that one let alone another, but hopefully in the future I will be breeding it.
Oh, and by the way it is definitely a male. I had it probed.

Back
Top Bottom