ReptiPro 5000 & 6000 Hatch-a-long Thread

mayberrygirl

Songster
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Mount Airy, NC
I set on Wednesday morning and they are due June 5th. This is my first incubation in my new ReptiPro 6000, but they will be moved into my igloo-hatcher on day 18.

Last edited:
How often should I be tipping the turner? I try to turn at least every 8ish hours, but have been turning every 4-6 during the day and then not from bed time (about 11pm till 8am in the morning). Is this gonna be OK?

Ok, I set mine in the morning, I just checked things..after putting two VERY small pieces of sponges in there, I had to take one out. Not sure I will be using any..will check again after taking this one out, but that humidity was up there!
Plus, I went down anther degree..now down to 99...where I started. It was over 100 on the top shelf, only 98 on the bottom. I see why the changing of shelves! I could feel that humidity come out onto me! Yin, did you say you don't use anything for humidity during incubation?

I have a short quarter pint small mouth jar with plastic canvas as a lid held on by the ring. Then I duct taped about 2/3rds of the top off, and I have 50% humidity on average.

I am going to try and stay around the high 30's, low 40's for humidity. I just tore another piece of the sponge off..it is so small..lol..wow, that thing holds the humidity. That will be nice during lock down, but will have to watch it close until I get around the 60/65 range.
I hope this all looks good by morning..I really want to set those eggs in the morning. Don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while once they are in!

Ok, I set mine in the morning, I just checked things..after putting two VERY small pieces of sponges in there, I had to take one out. Not sure I will be using any..will check again after taking this one out, but that humidity was up there!
Plus, I went down anther degree..now down to 99...where I started. It was over 100 on the top shelf, only 98 on the bottom. I see why the changing of shelves! I could feel that humidity come out onto me! Yin, did you say you don't use anything for humidity during incubation?

I am going to try and stay around the high 30's, low 40's for humidity. I just tore another piece of the sponge off..it is so small..lol..wow, that thing holds the humidity. That will be nice during lock down, but will have to watch it close until I get around the 60/65 range.
I hope this all looks good by morning..I really want to set those eggs in the morning. Don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while once they are in!

I'm going dry at the moment.. (completely dry unless it's during one of my turkey eggs or water fowl at HATCH.. incubation for everyone has been completely dry... mainly because we have had very high relative humidity here (it's been in the 50's to high 70% range outside.. we have our windows open).. during the summer when we have drought conditions I have to add a little water
you will have to judge what you need for humidity by checking your home & the weather in your area.. by monitoring the air cells you can get the best indicator of if your humidity in the bator is too high or too low

Back
Top Bottom