Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

msheets

Songster
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Hurricane, WV
I've seen hatch a long threads for most of the incubators but I haven't seen one for the Reptipro, so since I got one for Christmas, I'll make one
wink.png

I'm setting eggs January 8th, this will be my first hatch in it. I did put eggs in it on day 17 but I don't consider that the Reptipro's hatch. So anyways, I'm setting 30+ Japanese Bantam eggs & 5+ Old English Game Bantam eggs that I got from BYC member japbantams2011 (btw I highly recommend her & have gotten 100% hatch rates with her eggs!!)

Hopefully I'm not the only one using a Reptipro 5000 lol
tongue.png

I bet you're so excited! I know I'm excited for you lol! What kind of eggs are you getting & how many? If you set them Monday then our hatch will only be a day apart since I'm setting Sunday. This is pretty cool we both are having our first Reptipro hatch about the same time, well I already hatched chicks in mine but I'm not counting that.

Oh man I am OVER THE MOON! Super excited! My eggs will ship from New Hampshire on Monday so hopefully I won't be too many days behind you. I have mostly LF Cochin and a few little extra Olive Eggers.

I haven't decided where to put it yet....maybe I'll build a shrine in the living room.
lol.png

I'll be gone most of today but my husband knows to CALL ME AS SOON AS IT GETS HERE!!!!!
wee.gif

I got one for christmas as well (arrived a few days late and had a few issues to due the shippers mishandling it). Got the replacement a few days ago but I had eggs here already and couldn't wait.. so they went into my 2 brinseas.

so I WOULD have had this batch as a reptipro hatch.. maybe I will have to wait til the end of the month

Quote:
That is the funniest thing I've heard all week!!
lau.gif
LMBO, I can't laugh to much since that's about exactly how I feel about mine lol, I thanked my mom every day for at least a week for getting it for me! I just love everything about it, the looks, the great temp/humidity control, the amount of room in it, everything. I know my eggs from japbantams2011 will be fertile & perfect so now it's just up to my incubator to do the rest...

That's to bad you had problems due to shipping, the USPS should make it a rule that all their employees must handle all packages with care, no throwing, dropping, nothing like that. I mean how hard is it, I'm sure they're busy but of employees could get reprimanded or fired for continuing to mishandle packages, maybe our eggs or whstever would be delivered in a lot better shape! You can still be part of our hatch, you've got a Reptipro
cool.png

Aww that stinks! I hate for something that I'm absolutely going crazy waiting on doesn't come when it's supposed to, well we both will be getting something exciting tomorrow...I was getting on here to see if you got it today do this is a bummer
he.gif

Well I hope it comes tomorrow!!!!
fl.gif

hugs.gif
love.gif
I have two and they work really great! I use the rubbermaid shelf liner on the shelves for lockdown and a strip of duck tape along the front so the chicklets won't fall through and it is fine! Also the very bottom of the incubator is a full three degrees colder than what the read out says. So if you have it set for 100 or 99 and put the eggs on the bottom to hatch - they won't! Found this out the hard way
hmm.png
th.gif
I have 17 lemon cuckoo, lavendar and blue orpingtons hatching today!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Also it is so good with the humidity you need to be careful about it getting to high. I live in a high humidity climate so I dry incubate then increase the humidity to hatch. If you ever need to lower the humidity you can set a small bowl of uncooked rice on the bottom and it will bring it down
love.gif
hugs.gif
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom