rescue boer goats hooves

arabianequine

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 4, 2010
I took in another boer buck. I just got this boer buck the thurs before last 9/1. His hooves are so long. The worst I have seen yet. I had a trimmer out to trim them down a bit but can only do so much at a time. He was experienced but not a professional per say. I did give him a little money for doing it. He says once a month. I wish they could just be back to normal faster then that but I know they only grow so fast.

He is a royal pain in the hiney and it don't stop him much. Although he is on his front knees alot and rests often. When he is up all the way he is walking on the rounded bottom of his hooves.

He has managed to make my saanen buck all bloody with his horns from head butting each other so I seperated them again. The guy that trimmed the goat had the idea of putting them together.

Then he busted down two hog panels and got loose to fight with the ng dwarf buck I have and he was a little bloody around his horns. I put him back where he was to begin with and we fixed the fence, and put my buck back in his pen. I should not have listened to that guy with putting them together.

It amazes me why and how people let their animals get this way. Although he is quite the head butter....maybe he did not allow you to. We had to hog tie him to trim his feet. Can you imagine what this 200 lb buck ball of fire would be like with full physical capabilities?

Well here he is....
53126_boerbuck.gif

53126_bucksfeet.gif

53126_bucksfeet2.gif

Oh yeah....any ideas what he is mixed with?

I was thinking boer and saanen? Boer for sure....I was thinking the saanen cause he is so big?

I could see kiko with the ears mabye..

Another thing you could maybe do to help the hooves along is put some shingles on a board and lay it somewhere he walks a lot or something they jump on all the time.
I had a dog house my goats slept in and they LOVED to jump on its shingled roof.. It actually helped keep their hooves in shape.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom