Rescue chicken

I have to agree with brown leghorn after seeing this hatchery pic

Also, I think she's still young. Her tail feathers don't look like they've come in all the way. Also, the brown leghorn in the hatchery pic above has a very large comb. Your rescue's comb is short but the grooves are deep. That's how my Andalusians' combs were when they were young.

Added: Not to mention small lobes and wattles

Last edited:
I have to agree with brown leghorn after seeing this hatchery pic

Also, I think she's still young. Her tail feathers don't look like they've come in all the way. Also, the brown leghorn in the hatchery pic above has a very large comb. Your rescue's comb is short but the grooves are deep. That's how my Andalusians' combs were when they were young.

Added: Not to mention small lobes and wattles
Agreed!

One of my very first hens went missing during the day once. I looked and looked and looked and thought for sure she was taken by a predator. Then later my neighbor told me he saw someone down the road (who had their own chickens) with her. So I was able to get her back! Now anytime I've had a chicken go missing, I like to believe they just found greener pastures down the road :).

Congrats on your new flock member! Maybe put out a sign or something in case someone is looking for her. I would keep her separate but somewhere the rest of your flock can see her, so they get used to each other. I'm no expert on breeds but my leghorns have had much larger combs by the time they are pink like that. I'd say she's a mix.

Back
Top Bottom