Rescue chickens not laying

Fagrifoss

Songster
Jan 18, 2020
Iceland
Hi everybody!
I recently got a bunch of chickens that were in a situation that i dont think was ideal, i do not think they were getting fed regularly, watered and i dont think they free ranged.
I put them in a beautiful new coop, its clean and nice, making sure they always have access to food and water and they have a nice big yard to forage in.
I am absolutely not stressed about them laying but i am wondering for general information when i should be expecting them to start laying.
Has anyone been in a similar situation ?

Hi everybody!
I recently got a bunch of chickens that were in a situation that i dont think was ideal, i do not think they were getting fed regularly, watered and i dont think they free ranged.
I put them in a beautiful new coop, its clean and nice, making sure they always have access to food and water and they have a nice big yard to forage in.
I am absolutely not stressed about them laying but i am wondering for general information when i should be expecting them to start laying.
Has anyone been in a similar situation ?
How much light do they get each day in Iceland at this time of year?
Are any of them moulting?
How long has it been since you moved them to their new home?

I'm wondering if they've been stressed by the move. Stress is often a reason for a drop in egg laying.

How much light do they get each day in Iceland at this time of year?
Are any of them moulting?
How long has it been since you moved them to their new home?

I'm wondering if they've been stressed by the move. Stress is often a reason for a drop in egg laying.
Hey and thanks for your quick answer!
Its almost light all year round now, i think it gets dark for like 2-3 hours. But i do lock them in the coop at around 8 and open again at 8.
There is a window in there but its relatively dark.
I moved them here about a week ago.
They were probably stressed by the move, they had to drive for an hour in a box.

A week isn't much time to get used to new accomodation. I would consider stress due to the move the most likely explanation without a lot more information regarding their past and current keeping conditions and their state of health.
Give them a bit more time and meanwhile check them over for any health issues.

A week isn't much time to get used to new accomodation. I would consider stress due to the move the most likely explanation without a lot more information regarding their past and current keeping conditions and their state of health.
Give them a bit more time and meanwhile check them over for any health issues.
I will! Thank you for your answers!

Back
Top Bottom