Rescued 2 Drakes

Vikki1495

Hatching
Sep 7, 2019
Hi Guys,
I'm a bit confused so I thought I'd come here to see if you could help me.
We have 3 ducks and rescued 2 Drakes which are apparently a year old (we were told anyway) last weekend. This morning to my surprise there was 2small eggs as ours are only young and one huge egg. Surely this egg wouldn't of come out of my girls! (Not yet anyway).
So my question is.. would the drakes who sound like boys but no curl on their bum be girls?
Sorry if this is jumbled up, I'm just shocked and confused!
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20190907_091131.jpg
    IMG_20190907_091131.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 12
Hi Guys,
I'm a bit confused so I thought I'd come here to see if you could help me.
We have 3 ducks and rescued 2 Drakes which are apparently a year old (we were told anyway) last weekend. This morning to my surprise there was 2small eggs as ours are only young and one huge egg. Surely this egg wouldn't of come out of my girls! (Not yet anyway).
So my question is.. would the drakes who sound like boys but no curl on their bum be girls?
Sorry if this is jumbled up, I'm just shocked and confused!
Thanks in advance
:welcome do you have any other poultry? If not Id say you have some layers there. No drake feather either? How old is your youngest. Ducks can start laying as young as 4-5 months old.

:welcome do you have any other poultry? If not Id say you have some layers there. No drake feather either? How old is your youngest. Ducks can start laying as young as 4-5 months old.
Our ducks are 6months old, but have been laying small eggs, and I didn't think they could just all of a sudden go huge like that over night. So strange and confusing haha

Attachments

• IMG-20190907-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20190907-WA0002.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom