Rescued 60 Isa brown hens today

MyParadiseFalls

Songster
Nov 22, 2022
We rescued a TON of hens today. For those of you who don’t know, we already have over 220 chickens but decided to rescue 60 today. They are in bad shape, came from a henhouse originally, never saw daylight, never eaten or even seen grass. They were then moved to the place that we picked them up from. This guy obviously just buys and sells and buys and sells and buys and sells without caring about the conditions his birds live in. There were 200 hens in a space big enough for 30 hens, all standing in mud, several lying dead, trampled, on the ground. We took 60 of them, that’s all we could feasibly rescue without going bankrupt. They will be nursed back to health on green green pastures and live out the rest of their lives here at 3:19 Farms.

Attachments

• D470973D-65F6-465F-9280-962E4707BB5C.jpeg
    D470973D-65F6-465F-9280-962E4707BB5C.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 2B49292C-A422-430F-950F-35FFF3B085C4.jpeg
    2B49292C-A422-430F-950F-35FFF3B085C4.jpeg
    645.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1BB8A231-54D7-4783-8C07-47F3DE5DA775.jpeg
    1BB8A231-54D7-4783-8C07-47F3DE5DA775.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 198CF29A-3C4E-4D11-A0C8-68C9053BB0B3.jpeg
    198CF29A-3C4E-4D11-A0C8-68C9053BB0B3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
We rescued a TON of hens today. For those of you who don’t know, we already have over 220 chickens but decided to rescue 60 today. They are in bad shape, came from a henhouse originally, never saw daylight, never eaten or even seen grass. They were then moved to the place that we picked them up from. This guy obviously just buys and sells and buys and sells and buys and sells without caring about the conditions his birds live in. There were 200 hens in a space big enough for 30 hens, all standing in mud, several lying dead, trampled, on the ground. We took 60 of them, that’s all we could feasibly rescue without going bankrupt. They will be nursed back to health on green green pastures and live out the rest of their lives here at 3:19 Farms.
Those poor things! OMG! :eek: :hit thank you for rescuing them!! ❤️❤️❤️

Ho
How are your rescue hens now? I have rescued some myself and am baffled at how to help them. They look horrible and I'm not sure how to fatten them up and get them healthy. My granddaughter loves them, they just look pitiful. Any suggestions?

Ho

How are your rescue hens now? I have rescued some myself and am baffled at how to help them. They look horrible and I'm not sure how to fatten them up and get them healthy. My granddaughter loves them, they just look pitiful. Any suggestions?
How wonderful you rescued these hens! ❤️ Get them on a good poultry feed, occasional probiotics can't hurt either, lots of fresh air and relaxation, excess love... Come fall they will molt out all their ratty feathers and by early winter should have a nice coat of new feathers. 💕

You are so wonderful. They are in bad shape, but I know you will turn that around. Please keep us updated. I will follow you to see your posts. Where are you? Meaning what State? I would like to help if I can.

Ho

Healthy and gorgeous and beautiful❤️
You are so wonderful. They are in bad shape, but I know you will turn that around. Please keep us updated. I will follow you to see your posts. Where are you? Meaning what State? I would like to help if I can.
they’re doing great but thank you for the offer of help!
IMG_9024.jpeg
IMG_9023.jpeg

Ho

If they are ISA Brown they have a dwarf gene, and are genetically slim. They were developed like that to maximize feed/production ratios.

Back
Top Bottom