Rescued a 4 week old kitten

Chickenkittenlover

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2021
Last night I heard meowing so I went and looked around and I saw a 2 little kittens. I could estimate the age they were both about 4 weeks old. They were dropped off at my house and left there all alone with no mother it was horrible. This morning at about 7:45am and it was pooring outside. I was checking to see if they were there. Which they were, they were in a bushel of grass, and they were all alone snuggling each other, crying for a mother to feed them and keep them safe and warm. So I went to go get them warm and dry and out of the rain and they ran under a broken stove outside the house so I reached under it to try and grab them, and one of them hissed and she ran away, but her sister was hiding with her face against the medal. She looked like a fluffy ball so I grabbed her. She was really scared at first, but she warmed up to me pretty quickly. I got her warm and dry and clean and I brought her inside and snuggled her in a blanket and clipped her nails and fed her and she is so cute and really healthy too luckily I at least got her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 8
And when I first got her and cuddled her, I looked in her eyes and I said ‘you are so precious’ so that’s what I named her and I’m still trying to catch her sister I’ve been trying all day long so maybe tonight or tomorrow she’ll have her sister back

Can you try a hav-a-hart trap. It should be easy to trap her, she should be really hungry.
yeah Precious was so hungry I got her medicated food just Incase and she ate half a can in like 5 minutes. I’m worried her sister isn’t gonna come out of her hiding spot, Precious isn’t there with her.

Is it possible the mother left them there and went hunting? Like a stray cat? Maybe she will be back for them. I know raccoons do that but I have no idea about cats
I thought that at first but then I realized that they weren’t there the whole day just that evening and we never saw any cat bring kittens, and there was a fresh broken cardboard box. So someone could have easily quickly placed a box with some young kittens down at a broken abandoned house. Oh and we have two houses and one is broken we’re gonna fix it though.

Back
Top Bottom