Rescued Battery Hens !

Beautiful! Just beautiful!
I have been struggling to "find" ex-batts to adopt. I love in Oregon and am willing to transport from any of the western states. These factory farmers run and hide and are difficult to locate. I know the organizations who are able to get these girls out have to promise on their own lives to keep these people anonymous. I want very much to rescue two of these girls to start with anyway to add to my flock. My heart bleeds for them. Can you suggest any contacts for me?
By the way, you are Awesome!!

Wow! What lucky girls.
2764.png
Makes my heart happy. I have also been looking for a way to save some battery hens. The UK has a big battery hen movement and we have.....practically nothing.

WOW! What an amazing transformation! This is why I got my own chickens, to avoid promoting the commercial egg industry.
I considered buying organic/free range eggs, but when I looked up the definitions, the official definition of free range was certainly not my definition of free range! It's a lot better than battery cages, but I know for a fact that each of my chickens have a good, humane life!
You've done such a great job with these chickens! Oh, and the chicken sweaters was an adorable way to keep them warm while their feathers grew back, love it
I completely agree with you. I got my own chickens and other farm animals for that reason. I want to make sure everyone has the best life they can have! I always felt like I could taste the oppression with store bought eggs. Or store bought anything for that matter.

A few weeks ago I rescued these 5 ex-battery hens Ruby Zeeza Sacha Mississipi and Felicity and I thought you might like to see some photos of them........
yippiechickie.gif
!

Here are them now .....

Mississipi

Sassy

Mississipi and Ruby

Zeeza and Sacha

Before and After (three weeks of freedom)

WOW they are beautiful and look like they have some pride again! You should hug yourself from me and my chickens. Those poor girls, I bet they had never seen grass or outside before. Don't know if you can talk about it, but where and how did you get them? Where they too old to lay commercially or was the operation shut down?

I completely agree with you. I got my own chickens and other farm animals for that reason. I want to make sure everyone has the best life they can have! I always felt like I could taste the oppression with store bought eggs. Or store bought anything for that matter.

WOW they are beautiful and look like they have some pride again! You should hug yourself from me and my chickens. Those poor girls, I bet they had never seen grass or outside before. Don't know if you can talk about it, but where and how did you get them? Where they too old to lay commercially or was the operation shut down?
A animal rescued centre based in dublin did a big hen rescue and they shared on the internet looking for people to adopt them and we found out about it and they did drop offs all around Ireland and we picked them up ... they were 16 months so too old to lay enough for them unfortunately the farm is still open with lots of new hens are still in there the rescue are planning to do a rescue next year ....

My Hens and Roo As I said to jessicaagross a rescue centre in dublin organised it they do one each year and rescue all the hens from one farm

They are aren't they ... they are lonely if you get a battery hen try and get at least two so one doesn't get lonely :)
Oop's meant to just say They are aren't they ... if you get a battery hen try and get at least two so one doesn't get lonely ... :) !

Back
Top Bottom