rescued chickens horry story

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bi0s, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Bi0s

Bi0s Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Bland County VA!!!!!
    i rescued about 20 chickens another day silikes and some polish some bigger breeds a young turkey.. friend called me told me somebody had chickens they was giving away i go over there the smell coming from the house was unreal was like 25 small dogs and 15 cats all inside thats where they used the bathroom etc.. they had these poor chickens in a dark room upstairs when they opened the door the smell of ammiona burnt your eyes now light no fresh air was so horriable.. made me gag but i could not leave them so i took them all they are all doing good now enjoying the sun and fresh air.. took a few of them awhile to get use to the light.. have one black one thats almost blind but she eats and drinks think she will be ok.. just makes me so made how ppl treat animals these days..

2. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm so glad you got them out of there [​IMG]

3. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    That is just horrible!! Why would they keep them all cooped up inside like that? Disgusting. [​IMG]

I'm so glad you were able to rescue them and give them the home they deserve.[​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You did well to rescue them. I would have been tempted to turn the owners in to AC. [​IMG]

5. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank God you were there to rescue them Ronnie! Post some pictures of them. I would love to see all the lucky birds. [​IMG]

6. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    You are a good person for rescuing them. Those poor things. Makes me so angry that people will do that to animals.

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Absolutely!! congrats on rescuing them-but call animal control for them to rescue the others! Chickens in a room in a house??? Red flag Red flag!! Poor animals!

8. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    You did a wonderful thing to save the poor chickens!! Please seriously think about either calling animal control or possibly seeing if there is an agency that could check out the safety of the home. The animals definitely deserve more humane treatment and the people who live there must have some major problems themselves if they are living in such a terrible situation. So glad the chickens are in a good home now!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by