Rescued Duck Hen

May 31, 2019
Hi, my neighbor was moving and couldn't take the duck with them. So I took her in to give a home. But when I go in the in the stall she gives me a Quack or if I talk to her also. Does she look like a pure bred Muscovy or Mix? She is really a beautiful girl I just felt bad because if I didn't take her they was going to leave her behind and I couldn't do that. I have seen in the Past at my neighbor's place she had babies with her but unfortunately her mate was killed. Yes I have other ducks in a outdoor pen didn't know if she had any sickness I am quarantining her but just put her in a pen so she can hear and see my other flock and I can't figure out a name that suits her any suggestions? Let me know. Thank you
20190928_083940.jpg

20190928_084024.jpg
20190928_083833.jpg

That looks like a Muscovy cross. I have no clue what she would be mixed with but you are right she is absolutely gorgeous. I too recently got some muscovy ducks and I named two of them after where they were first domesticated ( I named them Aztec, Inca and the male Rasputin.) Thats how I name most of my ducks. I look at where they were bred and/or domesticated. Whats her personality like? Is she shy? Talkative? Is she energetic or laid back?

Back
Top Bottom