Rescued Duckling... newbie

Pics
So, in regards to above post. I haven't seen that happen again, so I'm sure she's fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something to spray on stuff that will deter them from eating it?

I think it was her vent. It was dripping liquid.
The foam, I've trimmed it, blocked it, and yet they still find a way to it. I don't think they are actually eating it because its to big of pieces when they tear it off. Its when they get a smaller piece pulled off that I'm worried about them swallowing it. Do you think if i trim it more and paint it to match where its at, they'll leave it?

I think they more like just tearing at it, as a something to rip at cause fustrated or bored. And if thats the case, i need suggestions on something healthier and less liable to choke/block them up.

Speedy goes at it when she's in a mood, she'll give me that sideways look, like dare you to stop me and tear at it until i move her, so she cant reach it.

I am lost what is it they are eating? Is it the foam you used?

I am not sure what that was hanging out of her sometimes they can get a prolapse but that was not what this looked like. Drakes can get prolapses too.

Sorry for confusing post.
I don't know what it was either. I think it was her going to the bathroom, <just saw her do it> but instead of it going right back in, it hung outside for a few minutes and was dripping then went back in like normal. But when i saw her go just now, i think it looked slightly bigger.
20180218_151518.jpg 20180218_151421.jpg

And yes, the foam i put all over my house because of the rat issue, which I am relieved to report seems to have disappeared. No more light shows behind the stove, no more pets looking at me like they are petrified, and no more sleeping with lights on.
I have great foam everywhere though, anywhere i could feel air coming through got sprayed.
I do not think they are actually eating the big chunks that they tear off when they find some that thwy can reach. They leave it in a mess of pieces all over the place, just torn off. Its the smaller pieces I worry that they might be consuming/swallowing.

Atm though, I'm more worried about what happened last night, and with speedy panting/breathing as if she's thirsty while she sleeps lately, but she has a bowl of water right next to her or nearby.

Last night, i came back inside from feeding two cats outside, and speedy was in hallway - shaking her head, with feathers standing up like they do when she's being aggressor. Fancy was in the small bedroom yelling/huffing at new cat.
And speedy had a little bit of blood pooling in her one nare and was keeping her eye shut too. I cleaned the nare a little with a qtip and water w/ acv. Which forced her to clean her bill herself and her repeatedly doing that washed out a bit of congealed blood. She seems fine today...

Meant to post that earlier.

And now for new news...
She is laying!
She musta laid her first one last night because she was in the coop all night after I cleaned her nose and made sure she was alright. I just figured she wanted to be alone and quiet after all that.
I cleaned out the sm. coop/brooder house earlier because the hay was damp and wet from fancy spilling water in there a few days ago. She was rather upset with me for doing it, but it needed to be done. I cleaned it out with the shop vac, sprayed it with antibacterial cleaner, washed that off and wiped it down, then put fresh hay in it.
She basically told me i didnt put enough with a look at the bag and a peck on my toes, so I emptied the bag in it. And she wagged her little tail feathers at me.
Now, I wonder if there was supposed to be an egg already there, but I didn't see one when I cleaned up. She was probably just upset cause she had the nest all ready and I vacuumed it.

Now, pictures!
20180218_224018.jpg 20180218_214148.jpg 20180218_214140.jpg 20180218_214136.jpg
20180218_214228.jpg

Awesome!! congrats to Speedy and you! And she is how old?

I am not sure what that could be coming out of her anyone else want to venture a guess?
Must not be anything to concern yourself over since the egg popped out and everything stayed in. :)

Back
Top Bottom