Rescued Duckling... newbie

Pics
20170723_144559.jpg She rescued me July 20, 2017, and i think she was less a week or less because she imprinted on me. Makes her almost 7 months, I think...
1519052255551306161488.jpg

I'm kinda wondering if it was sperm rejection, I read that female ducks are only one able to do that. But it doesn't say how. And it happened again last night right after fancy mounted her.

Last edited:
Yes oyster shell keep it in a bowl separate from food she'll use it as she needs it.

Eat em or give them to your cats dogs. I cook my duck eggs for my dogs. Like hard boiled. They are great for baking too.

I'm feeling bad about taking them. You know how you told me they hide them, right? Well, she hid the first one, but when i set her down last night in front of the coop, she went in and uncovered it to show me. She uncovered it, and kinda looked up at me as if to say, "see what i did, momma!" :love:hit:love
And now she's not hiding them at all! 20180219_090728.jpg

Broody means her hormones get extreme and make her want to sit on eggs to hatch them.

I put mine the fridge.

That is a nice outdoor space but unless you clip one wing on each duck they probably won't stay in there long plus mine climb real well too.

Back
Top Bottom