Rescued duckling

They may adopt the little one into the flock. If they do, that may be the best thing for the little one. Muscovy have been known to adopt other ducklings. Muscovy can be amazingly tame around people even when wild.

I have had muscovy on the brain a lot lately. I recently added a few new ones to my flock and was doing a lot of research.

Attachments

• 95AE7360-098D-4361-BB5A-F41DEBE5287F.jpeg
    95AE7360-098D-4361-BB5A-F41DEBE5287F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
This is from this morning. They didn’t interact much, but I hope with time…
Does you local Tractor Supply have ducklings at the moment? I think getting your duckling two ducklings from Tractor Supply or elsewhere will be best. With your first photo of the duckling with the female muscovy, I imagine your talk of a flock was that muscovy and her ducklings. Now I see in today's photo that the flock is the female muscovy and other adult muscovy. Your little one needs little duckling friends

Does you local Tractor Supply have ducklings at the moment? I think getting your duckling two ducklings from Tractor Supply or elsewhere will be best. With your first photo of the duckling with the female muscovy, I imagine your talk of a flock was that muscovy and her ducklings. Now I see in today's photo that the flock is the female muscovy and other adult muscovy. Your little one needs little duckling friends
What did I get myself into 🤷🏻‍♀️😅… I’m leaving town for 2 weeks and have no idea what I’ll do now.

What did I get myself into 🤷🏻‍♀️😅… I’m leaving town for 2 weeks and have no idea what I’ll do now.
Its a problem I am well aware of rescuing wildlife! I am leaving town next month and having to take two muscovy and three pekins with me: and it all started with rescuing a little fluffy muscovy like yours, last July.

Where are you [city and state]?

Can you contact your local wildlife rehabber to help? That is what I did here in NE FLorida last year when I had to travel to see my elderly mother in the UK and I had a rescued 6 week old muscovy duckling. The deal was she would look after my duckling while I was out of country and I would take back my muscovy and 2 ducky friends when I returned. Here in NE FLorida, rehabbers have big problems finding homes for rescued ducks, and so taking two extra's back was a big attraction. I brought home another muscovy drake and a "special needs" little crested pekin drake with a damaged bill. The start of my flock [my son already had a flock of 3 pekins from Tractor Supply]

May be you can come to a similar arrangement with your local wildlife rehabber?

As tiny as the Muscovy duckling is if you let it stay out there it will either be killed by a predator or a rogue drake. We also have a state forum here so if you post what state your in you might find someone with ducklings willing to take it in.

Back
Top Bottom